Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jack the interior decorator

We finally got our tree up. I got a fake tree (which just feels wrong :) because I can't deal with the mess in the apartment. But I have to say... a pre-lit fake tree is the way to go. I seriously had it all set up in like 3 minutes, then the kids hung all the ornaments they have been collecting from school, scouts, gifts, etc and it is seriously cute! Jack finally got me to get going with the tree when he said on Thursday after school, "I wish we had a tree so I could hang my ornaments." He said it so forlornly like we were never going to have a tree! It broke my heart.

So we went and picked up the tree the next morning. And Jack decorated the whole thing. AJ hung about 2 ornaments and was done, but Jack hung all the rest then spent about an hour re-adjusting them and getting it all just so. He is really particular about some things. Then he gets it all done just right and says (with a flourish), "Now it's time for the star on top!" Uh... oops. I didn't have a star :) He was disgusted with me... I forgot the grand finale.


No comments: