Sunday, December 13, 2009

Capitol Sing-Along

One of my favorite Austin traditions is the sing along at the capitol building. I love it because it is a very simple, no frills, old-fashioned affair. Several hundred people gather together, they hand out song books, and everyone just sings carols for an hour or so. It is the essence of Christmas. People just being together and singing songs from their childhood and enjoying the season. I really love it. This year it was VERY cold, in fact I had to go buy hats and gloves that morning, but it was fun to get bundled up (we don't have to do that around here very often) it made it even more festive. The kids ran around like wild animals and Brett kept busy chasing them all over the grounds and I sang and sang... a really great evening.


No comments: