Saturday, February 23, 2008

Texas, oh Texas all hail the mighty state...

For those of you who don't own a TV or listen to news in any form, Texas has suddenly become a very hot commodity in the Democratic race. Hillary and Barack have been campaigning all over the state and our local channels are flooded with commercials ending with, "I am so-and-so, and I approve this message." Anyway, being a democrat myself, I was excited to have the chance to attend the debate held at the University of Texas this week. So I got online to find out how to get tickets and as it turned out, they weren't easy to come by. After all of the muckity-mucks were given tickets, there were only 100 tickets left for the lowly citizens of Austin, and over 10,000 people fighting for them! So we threw our names into the hat and the winners were chosen by lottery. Unfortunately we didn't get in, but it was exciting to know that the debate we were watching live was happening just miles from our house.

No comments: