Thursday, December 3, 2009

Who needs CGI? This is for real...

We found this centipede several weeks ago, and I thought I'd post it. When we first saw it, I thought it was fake, but it was oh so real. They don't mess around with bugs here. One of the most disgusting things I have ever seen is a Cicada Wasp. A cicada is a huge insect, about the size of a man's thumb, so you can imagine the horror of a wasp who routinely fights, stings, paralyzes and then flies off to it's nest, carrying the cicada to feed to it's babies. It is truly something to behold. I'm not easily creeped out by much in the animal kingdom, but I have got the heebies on many occasions here in TX.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is DISGUSTING!!! I love how everyone is grossed out and then Brett asks if he should squish it and everyone says NO! God blessed Texas for sure!!