Saturday, June 20, 2009

Iron (wo)Man

Photobucket

So some of you have heard that I went in for some skeletal improvements on the 11th. I am now officially a robot-human hybrid. Look out–we super humans will outlive all of you mere mortals.

Technically I had some vertebra fused, and it was a bear of a surgery. I laid in semi-consciousness for 5 days in the hospital...I have almost no memory of this photo. But I did get a nice 120 hour nap. So now I am feeling very rested. I should be able to skip several nights of sleep if needed.

Thank you everyone for you support, thoughts, calls, meals, and visits (sorry if I said anything that left you scratching your head...morphine tends to make me wax crazy.)

3 comments:

Christopher and Leslie Parker Lheron said...

I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE A SUPER HERO ANYWAY.You would get mad at me if I questioned it! You always told me that you were part spider when you could climb the walls in your hallway in Cali. You were dead serious! HAHA!
I am super glad you are feeling sooo much better!
(I still wish I could come by and help out.)

Shauna Griffiths said...

Well I'm glad it's over with anyway. Was this a repeat of the back surgery you had in California?
Hope you felling good and getting back to normal.
Miss you all

Julie said...

Chelsea, I hope all is going well for you and you've made a good recovery! It looks like you've been busy this summer - looks like so much fun (other than the surgery that is!) :)