Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Champions!

They did it again! Our high school football team won the Texas state 4A championship. We figured we should probably go this time, it was in Waco. It was a lot of fun and the kids got to rush the field after the game...super cool. The weather was beautiful and it was just a really fun day.

And the most awesome thing happened...We had to wait in this huge line to get tickets. After about 45 minutes in line, we got close enough to see that they were only taking cash and we didn't have enough! So I saw an ATM sign in the stadium and ran over to see if they would let me in to get cash. This nice old lady (who I will remember forever) said the ATM was closed, but she said, "You can just go on in, I'd hate for you to miss the game." I told her I had my whole family with me and she said to gather them up and come see her. She let us in with a wink and a smile. I think I smiled for 2 hours. I didn't know people could still be so nice. So whoever you are, nice old lady – you made our day!

Here are some highlights...

1 comment:

Lolo said...

Awesome! I love it when things like that happen! And I love your angel photos...so cute!!! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!