Sunday, July 6, 2008

HAPPY INDEPENENCE DAY!!!

Okay, we had an AWESOME 4th! The Austin Symphony puts on a big firework show downtown that we really wanted to go to, but we didn't want to battle the traffic. So I had the brilliant idea to get a hotel room right across the street. SUCH a good idea...if I do say so myself.

So, Friday morning we got up and decorated our bikes for our neighborhood parade. Can I just say that I think it is SO awesome that MY neighborhood, had a parade!!! A nice change after the nonexistent 4th celebrations in Visalia. The parade was great, with a BBQ and bounce houses afterward at the pool.

So we headed out for donuts (a 4th must for me) and then off to the hotel. The kids swam for a couple hours, then we went out to dinner then walked over to the the park to wait for fireworks. And let me tell you, Austin really did it up with the fireworks. The symphony got it started with the 1812 overture complete with cannon fire. The cannon reports really took the kids (and adults) by surprise–I wish I had it on tape! Then a great firework show accompanied by the symphony and a grand finale to end all grand finales! AWESOME!

We walked back the the hotel and passed out, overslept, and has to frantically rush to the Biscuit Brother's concert the next morning, but it was worth it. It was a great concert and Jack got his pictures taken with both Brothers (AJ was in time-out in the car, that is another story!)

We had so much fun and we felt like we went on a big trip. That is the way to go! A vacation 10 minutes from home, I can handle that. Can you tell how much I love Austin?!? Let me just make it clear: I LOVE it here!!!


1 comment:

Bri!!! said...

SO FUN! Isn't it nice to live in a patriotic state? I'm so glad you love Austen so much.

Bri