Wednesday, May 21, 2008

E-I-E-I-O

A lot of you know I have been working on an organic farm every Wednesday for the last couple months. It is a CSA–community sustained agriculture. This farm (johnsonsbackyardgarden.com) provides about 300 bushel boxes to Austin subscribers each week. Basically people either pay for, or work for (me), produce shares. It is hard sweaty work, but so much fun. Every week I bring home a bushel box full of organic produce. You can also buy pastured raised beef, eggs, and goat cheeses. I work more for the experience of learning about farming than actually bringing home the veggies, but it has been a really great experience. Here are some pics.

Photobucket

4 comments:

lacy said...

Chels,

I am ridiculously proud of you! You are my organic mama role model. Way to go. Thanks for always being you. I miss you.

Lolo said...

i think that is so awesome. can i please please move to austin and come hang out with you again and do and learn all these cool things???

Anonymous said...

Chelsea.....what the heck?? Is there anything you can't learn to do.......loks like down and dirty fun to me

Stephanie Collette said...

This looks very fun. How wonderful to have such a place so close by. You are alway up to something new which is so fun! I hope your home garden is coming along. We miss you guys. Take care.