Monday, October 8, 2007

One CRAZY fishing trip...

So a friend of ours came over the other night and we were talking about fishing. He said you could catch catfish in our little ponds with bread--so we thought we'd try it.

So we went to the pond the next afternoon. I put some bread on Jack's hook and cast it out. Before I could even bread AJ's hook, Jack had a sunfish. So while he reeled it in AJ cast out and caught a huge bass. So now I was helping Jack get his fish off the hook, and AJ's bass is flopping all over the grass. So I told her to hang onto it and I got both hooks out, and both fish into the water. While I was re-breading hooks, AJ had to wash her hands and slipped in the mud and got very muddy, of course I had to help her out and I got muddy as well. Meanwhile Jack has something on his line and is reeling in, AJ casts out and I help Jack land ( of all things) a TURTLE! So now we have a turtle with a big hook in his mouth that I am trying to get off and "zzzzzzzz" AJ has something BIG! So I tell Jack to just hold his pole with the turtle on it while I help AJ land a 4 lb catfish. So we get the catfish back in the water and decide to take the turtle back home to operate (you know me.)

Good story right, here is the crazy part--all that happened in exactly 10 minutes! It was so insane. But we got the turtle home and the hook out and he is recuperating nicely in the back yard. The kids named him captain hook, and he is eating and seems perfectly healthy, so we will let him go soon.

2 comments:

Lolo said...

glad to see you guys are still up to crazy adventures. sounds like so much fun. and i swear you are going to heaven just for all the animals that you take care of!

Shauna Griffiths said...

Wow!! what a crazy fishing experience......Jim says he can hardly wait to come and visit and catch (who knows what?) in one of those ponds......too much fun!