Monday, October 22, 2007

Crow's Nest Farm

On Friday AJ's class took a field trip to Crow's Nest Farm. It is an educational farm that has all of the usual farm animals, plus a lot of "exotics" which are wild animals who have been resued and can't be released into the wild for various reasons (I'm beginning to think I may need to start up a similar operation!)

They got to go on a hayride tour, see cows milked and pet lots of farm animals. It was really fun but exhausting. I don't know how Kindergarten teachers manage–honestly.



In this picture AJ really wanted her picture taken next to this emu, but it kept hissing at her and acting like it was going to bite her. She could hardly hold still for the 2 seconds it took to snap it off. It was so funny, I was cracking up, making it even harder to get the shot.

1 comment:

lacy said...

Boy, when it rains it pours, huh, Chels? I was missing new posts from you. Cute pix as always. Good job on the Halloween party for the girls, it looked like a blast. Wish you were here for ours on Saturday night. Brett can represent your family, I guess.