Saturday, September 22, 2007



Jack has really enjoyed having Brett home all the time. He always has someone to read to or hang out with. It was an adjustment having Brett home for me. It was just weird. I kept feeling like asking, "Don't you have somewhere you need to go?" Of course he didn't, and I was being a jerk. It was weird because I just had to keep on doing all of the things that I have always done (vacuuming, laundry, dinner, etc, etc, etc) while he was suddenly sitting in the family room watching me. I don't know why that unnerved me, but it did. Finally we had a big fight and I realized I was being really insensitive and and things were much weirder for him. Where things basically stayed the same for me (only 1566 miles to the southeast) his whole world had turned upside down.

And now after a few weeks I have gotten over it and it is really nice to have him home. Of course, just when I have come to appreciate him being around, he's leaving me!!! So now I can sit all by myself and think about how I didn't take advantage of him being here. And I can call him and tell him how much I miss him and can't wait for him to come home...

No comments: